DEEP FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTION CLAIMS EXPERTS
How Deep Foundation Construction Claims Can Help You
I. MINIMIZING ATTORNEYS FEES
Our expertise in deep foundation construction claims, techniques and equipment gives us an advantage over attorneys that only present facts as they appear. We know what to look for and how to bring the precise and important details to light in order to negotiate a settlement with little to no attorney involvement. In the event that a settlement is not possible and litigation is required, we have access to many of the leading construction litigators in the industry for any legal work that may be required. We will support the attorney with our ample technical and practical knowledge of deep foundations and we provide expert witness testimony as well.
II. PREPARING ADEQUATE DOCUMENTATION AND WRITING THE RIGHT & APPROPRIATE CLAIM LETTERS.
We believe that the most effective construction claim consultations begin long before a dispute arises on the job site, therefore our preference would be to provide construction claims analysis and monitoring during the performance of the project.
When brought in early, based on our ample legal experience in handling numerous deep foundation claims, we can monitor and document with pictures, videos, notes, dairies etc. to prepare adequate correspondence that is not just reactive but considers the long-term ramifications that will fit into an ultimate resolution, proving to be very effective in arbitration procedures or in court. Many contractors, when concentrating on other business issues will often issue reactive letters and other types of documentation that ends up damaging them during a dispute resolution proceeding or later on in an arbitration, or in court. We prevent that from happening by preparing documentation that considers the future ramifications of any documentation submitted.
III. LETTING YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS WITHOUT MAJOR INTERRUPTION
Claims are overwhelming and time consuming. It disrupts daily activities; it is very troublesome and can be financially devastating. We take the negative aspect out of construction so you can concentrate on the positive side of running your business and having the minimum key personnel involved.
IV. BENEFIT OVER ATTORNEYS
Our expertise is exclusively on deep foundation construction claims as our knowledge is not only theoretical but practical. We have many years in the field managing multiple large deep foundation projects ( pile driving – drilling – caissons – CIDH piles – drilled piles – auger cast piles – retrofit of bridges and buildings – shoring) and we know the construction as well as the equipment, which gives us an advantage over attorneys who are only knowledgeable in general construction and present facts as they appear, not being specialized in the field that we are. We know what to look for and how to bring the minimum details to light in order to negotiate a settlement with little to no attorney involvement.
We are not “general” construction experts, we are more effective because our arbitration and trial experience has dealt exclusively with DEEP FOUNDATIONS. The claims of deep foundation are unique on its type and its defenses mainly deal with:
- Differing Site Conditions
- Unforeseen change conditions
- Underground change conditions
- Deep foundation design errors & omissions
- Defective and/or Incomplete subsurface data & information
*Note: We do not claim to be attorneys or certified in any way as such.
V. DESCRIPTION OF WHAT OUR SERVICES PROVIDE
- Develop or analyze the deep foundations on heavy construction, building construction, earth retaining or other construction related deep foundation claims for negotiations, mediation, arbitration, dispute review boards or trial. Testify in depositions, arbitrations and trials as a deep foundation expert witness on both entitlement and damages arising from such claims on behalf of Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, Suppliers or Service Providers. Implement systems and procedures for claims avoidance and for the management of dispute issues from the beginning of dispute to conclusion.
- Testify in depositions, arbitrations and trials as a deep foundation expert witness on both entitlement and damages arising from such claims.
- Implement systems and procedures for claims avoidance and for the management of dispute issues from the beginning of dispute to conclusion.
- Develop systems and processes to better prepare clients for a dispute should one occur. Proper documentation is the key to minimizing the expense and maximizing the credibility or defense of the claim.
- Assist the client in producing proper project documentation (photographic – video – daily reports – notes – diaries etc.) and work flow as an ongoing process in their business.
- Provide a realistic evaluation of the client’s position and advise the client whether he should pursue or actively defend a claim. We tell the client how we see it, not how the client wants to hear it. Once a decision to proceed is reached, we prepare the technical, scheduling and cost analyses necessary to bring the opposition to the negotiation table.